Post Decree Modifications

Modify Your Ohio Divorce Decree to Meet Your Present Needs

While the agreement that you arrived at during your divorce met your needs at the time, life can change and you can find that your divorce decree no longer works. There are many reasons why a modification of your divorce order may be necessary and the law provides you with options. Modification of your order for child support, custody and other family law issues may be possible with the help of experienced attorney.

At the Law Offices of , in , Ohio, our lawyers and staff can provide advice about post decree modifications and personal service for your unique legal issues. Since 1975, our firm has helped families throughout Butler and Warren counties. Discuss your situation with us, learn more information about your rights and make responsible decisions that are in the best interests of you and your children.

Reasons for Post Decree Modifications

Court orders reached during a divorce cannot be changed for just any reason. There are a variety of valid reasons, however, why changes could be made to divorce issues that include visitation rights, spousal support, custody and child support. These issues may include:

  • Loss of a job
  • Loss of income or increase in income
  • Medical expenses resulting from an injury or illness
  • Relocation due to a job or marriage
  • Need for additional support due to changing needs of the child
  • Contempt issues

As with every family law issue involving children, any modifications to divorce orders must be done with the best interests of the children in mind and the court will use that as the most important standard when making decisions.

Our firm can also help with the enforcement of agreements or court orders that were reached during a divorce. If your ex-spouse has not followed the court order, they may be held in contempt by the court. Our lawyers will seek the resolutions that you deserve.

Contact us at to learn more information about post decree modifications to divorce orders in Ohio. We can help you make the necessary changes that you and your family need. Call to make an appointment for an initial consultation at .