Parental Relocation Under the Law

When a custodial parent wants to move out of the state, county, or even school district, there are many legal issues that must be considered. The law will determine if the move is in the best interest of the children and if it will harm the relationship between the child and the non-custodial parent. It is important for parents to understand the law, how it applies to parent relocation and what they can do to protect their rights, whether they are moving away or want to object to the move.

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Myron A. Wolf can assist you through the parental relocation process and will listen to your concerns. Our lawyers have more than 40 years of combined legal experience in Hamilton County and Butler County, Ohio. We can help you determine if the move is in the best interest of the child, and if it is, work out terms to keep their relationship with the non-custodial parent intact.

Reasons for Parental Relocation

Relocation typically requires the modification of the order that was reached in a divorce, since it could potentially impact custody issues, parenting time and child support issues. The laws regarding the modification of custody, visitation and other issues are not always easy for parents to understand, but by having an experienced lawyer on your side, you can clearly understand your options and your parental rights.

Reasons for parental relocation often include:

  • New job or job transfer out-of state
  • Loss of employment
  • Remarriage
  • Wish to be closer to other extended family members

Relocation can have a tremendous impact on parents and children alike. As with every family law issue, the best interest of the children involved will always be the standard that is applied by the court when making decisions about relocation.

Contact us if you want to discuss parental relocation issues and out-of-state custody. Discuss your situation with the attorneys and staff at the Law Offices of Myron A. Wolf and feel confident about your decisions. Call to schedule an initial consultation at 513-863-0664.